Pershore College is a rural horticultural College providing services to staff and students (both residential and day visitors)
The refectory had a very 1970's based design, incorporating pine cladding to both walls and ceilings. Lighting was particularly poor, furniture utilitarian and very 'school' oriented.
Service was provided via a 1970s Stills straight 'Conline' servery and a small ad-hoc sandwich servery situated in the main entrance lobby.
Our brief was to bring the ambience of the area into the 21st century at the same time improving customer service and choice. We were given a very low budget with which to work, however by using a mix of existing and some new equipment we were able to create a brand new facility.
- New ceiling and lighting
- Refurbishment of existing hardwood floor
- Creation of two extra service points - Traditional, fast food and healthy option
- Complete new décor and blinds throughout
- New furniture and creation of disabled access
With some strong purchasing negotiations, a little imagination using paint finishes to create a brighter ambience and the remodelling of some existing equipment, we were able to create a facility which many thought was not possible, given the budget.
More Case Histories
- Exeter College, Oxford
- Cheltenham Ladies College
- Norton Hill School, Midsomer Norton Nr. Bath
- National assembly for Wales
- EMI Music
- International Commercial Bank HQ
- Hotel Indigo - The Cube, Birmingham
- Hotel Indigo Liverpool
- Plaisterers' Hall
- Panasonic, Cardiff
- Pershore College
- Pharmaceutical Company, Surrey