This large factory in Cardiff produces televisions and microwave ovens for the European market.
The television assembly plant has its own large dining facility and kitchen, which has not had any major investment for over twenty years. Consequently building fabric (floors, walls and ceilings) were very 'tired' and dated in appearance. The main servery area was second hand when originally installed in the early 1980's
Our brief was to bring the ambience of the area into the 21st century at the same time as improving customer service and choice. We needed to completely strip all wall floor and ceiling finishes, relocate the servery area and create an in-house retail outlet. As with Pershore College we were given a very low budget with which to work. In addition we had just two weeks during the factory summer shut down to achieve the make over.
- New ceiling and lighting
- Rip up and replace approximately 1000 square metres of 'Marmolium' floor
- Creation of new free flow servery area, capable of coping with large volumes of customers in very short periods of time
- Strip and re-plaster many walls and prepare and redecorate
- New furniture capable of seating 360 people at any one time
- Build and shop-fit a new retail outlet within the dining space
- Provide new vending mall for 'out of hours' service
Having successfully tendered all works we project managed the entire operation to ensure the Client received the new facility on time and within budget.
More Case Histories
- Exeter College, Oxford
- Cheltenham Ladies College
- Norton Hill School, Midsomer Norton Nr. Bath
- National assembly for Wales
- EMI Music
- International Commercial Bank HQ
- Hotel Indigo - The Cube, Birmingham
- Hotel Indigo Liverpool
- Plaisterers' Hall
- Panasonic, Cardiff
- Pershore College
- Pharmaceutical Company, Surrey